In-kind donations of laboratory equipment and supplies can immensely help the In Situ Labs Initiative to collect and process more samples, as well as analyze and share more data. Presently, we are trying to bring laboratory infrastructure to our first hub in the Peruvian rainforest, which is both logistically challenging and costly to set up and maintain.
Who can donate:
- Laboratories that are closing or upgrading their equipment
- Manufacturers of lab equipment and supplies
- Organizations or individuals who would like to give items that will support our mission.
We are only looking for items that already work. Below is a brief list of items we are looking for, but it is not exhaustive. If you have something to donate, please submit the simple form below on this page and we’ll follow-up with you as soon as possible.
This list is NOT exhaustive, please still complete the form below with any items that you may be able to donate
- QPCR machine
- Spectrophotometer (e.g. NanoDrop): for assessing the quantity and purity of nucleic acids without requiring any consumables
- Gel electrophoresis system and accessories (including large and small combs)
- Gel illuminator
- 96-well plate spinner
- pH meter
- Precision pipettes (all sizes, digitals are a plus!)
- Multichannel pipettes, 8 or 12 channel, or adjustable
- miniPCR portable PCR device.
- Mini centrifuges (4 or 6 x 1.5 mL tubes or strip tubes or both)
- Vortex Genie (with flat head is a plus)
- Scale (milligram accuracy, ideally can measure down to 0.5mg but average weights will be about 2 mg)
- SPE Manifold (and cartridges) – an example here, but can be any brand
- Dry baths
- Magnetic separation racks (1.5 mL tubes or PCR plates)
- Microplate Reader
- Tube rotator / agitator
- Measuring boats/reservoirs
- Pipette tips (sterile or nonsterile, racked or bagged, filtered or not)
- Pipette holder racks
- Tube stands/racks: any size or type
- Freezer boxes: both cardboard or plastic, but also freezer racks (metal)
- PCR strip tubes + caps (200 uL size)
- PCR plates (96 wells, skirted or not)
- PCR plate sealers (Disposable preferred, and also plate seal roller)
- Sample tubes (600 uL, 1.7 ml, 2.0 mL, 5.0 mL, 15 mL, 30 mL)