Summer 2017 Scholarships
FPI is now accepting scholarship applications for our summer 2017 field courses!
Apply between January 26th and March 21st
Two scholarships will be awarded for each of our upcoming field courses: one for Peruvians and one for non-Peruvians. The Victor Zambrano Scholarship is for those who have Peruvian citizenship and are currently living in Peru. For all other participants, we offer the Tab Rasmussen Scholarship, which may likewise be applied to any of the below courses.
- Read carefully about the requirements for the scholarship to which you are applying.
- Complete the application and submit your essay. You do not need to complete a normal course registration when applying for a scholarship. Please be sure to submit the essay that corresponds to the scholarship you are applying to, and to be sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced on April 10th, 2017.
- If you do not win a scholarship, but still want to attend the course at the normal rates, you will have roughly a week after the announcement to make a paid reservation.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of attending the course
- Each candidate must demonstrate at least average competence in written and spoken English, as instruction on the course will be provided in English. Please note, however, that many non-native English speakers have successfully attended our courses in the past.
- All residencies and citizenships must be proven at the time of the application in order to be considered for a particular scholarship.
Selection of Winners:
- Scholarship applications will be judged by our specially appointed Scholarship Committee consisting of members from a variety of disciplines.
- We are looking for imaginative and well thought out essays that address the questions posted.
- Writing quality will impact your outcome, but is not the sole criterion to win a scholarship.
- All applications are scored blindly (i.e. the committee does not know your identity while evaluating your essay).
- Transportation from local contact point to the field station and back (Puerto Maldonado, Peru)
- Meals and lodging for the duration of the course
- Instruction by experienced field scientists
- Basic equipment required to conduct field activities
*Please note that winners will be responsible for their own travel to Puerto Maldonado, as well as personal gear necessary for the courses (e.g. binoculars, rubber boots, etc.)